Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Time to spare ... go by air ...

Yes, we are still in Lincoln, Nebraska. This "gift of time" is marvelous ... instead of getting up at the wee small hours, I slept until nearly 9:00. So I'm now ready to conquer the world ... or at least the far west corner of Europe!

We are flying standby ... it's nice to have pilots "in the family" who help us out. While John is technically not "in the family" ...well, here's what my sister Cathy said in regard to the guest list for my mom's 90th birthday party--when we were contemplating family only. Well, she said, Of course you'll include  John and Jean ... they're family. At which point, we both realized that many many people consider themselves part of my mom's family so we started a new guest list!

But as every pilot I know is wont to say: "Time to spare go by air ... more time yet, go by jet." And today ... luckily we have time to spare because we are now leaving (we hope!) on the evening flight to Chicago!

We are breaking our journey there ... because Sabrina is waiting for us. Her parents are incredibly busy getting ready to move ... but I'll let them tell that story ... so I am not sure that they are as excited as Sabrina is!

Sabrina was sure that she was going with us to Ireland. Oh, how I love this granddaughter of mine. She is genetically coded ... as is anyone related to my mom ... to be of the "have suitcase, will travel" mindset. As we were discussing Ireland with Sabrina, she switched gears and said, "And you're taking me to London ... I want to see Paddington." We have promised that we will take both grandchildren on a trip to Europe when they are 10. (I'm not sure what will be left for Rory, who has already been to 4 countries in Europe ... but perhaps we will take him to Norway!)

Sabrina has the movie memorized:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-d-V9jXYDE

No comments:

Post a Comment